With Guest, Dorsey Standish, Chief Mindfulness Officer of MasterMind, a Gym for the Brain
So happy to have Dorsey Standish as the guest today. I’m especially excited, because I have personally participated in mindfulness classes she leads, and she is a true master of her craft. She is the Chief Mindfulness Officer of Mastermind, where she teaches high performers how to achieve greater focus and peace of mind through mindfulness-based brain health.
Many who may not want to take up an active practice of yoga are often interested in other ways to calm their very own “monkey brain”. No matter how physically fit one may be, the pace of life today requires mind fitness as well. Please take note of the “high-performers” comment above, we will return to that later in the broadcast.
During her nearly ten years of experience practicing and teaching mindfulness, Dorsey has completed two-day, four-day and ten-day silent retreats and studied the UMass Medical School’s Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction technique. Dorsey has a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Pennsylvania and is currently working towards a M.S. in Applied Cognition & Neuroscience from the University of Texas at Dallas.
- Mindfulness & The Yellow Brick Road – How mindfulness relates to yoga and your breath
- Scientific benefits of mindfulness (A.S.A.P.)
- Top performers and the competitive edge
- The Road Warrior, stress and self-management techniques
- Dorsey’s story of life change through yoga and mindfulness = healthy coping mechanisms
- Also, a number of Mindfulness FAQs, including, what to wear?, is this religious?, how long should I meditate?, can I meditate lying down?, what if I can’t stop my wandering mind?, along with others
- Finally, a live Mindfulness Demo – 5 minute practice
You will get an enormous amount of value from this episode and I hope you will stay to the very end, because this session is jam-packed with tips that will literally change your life, the same way it did Dorsey’s